Thursday, February 17, 2011

Art Class syllabus

Hi Susan,


Since I wasn't specific about my art projects for this semester at the Mom's meeting, I thought I should send out an email. I am also a bit concerned that we (history, life skills, and art) may duplicate each other too much in our efforts to co-ordinate our teaching. (I don't relish the idea of the kids coming to my class bored because they already did the same thing in a previous class--or two. )



Here's my plans:

1--Greek pottery: working with clay

2--Chinese silk: weaving with felt strips and other things

3--Persia: mosaics

4--Alexander the Great: metalwork items made with aluminun foil, etc.

5--Roman culture: painting on plaster forms

6--Cleopatra: not totally sure yet, possibly drawing "tricks of the trade"

7--Focus on communication: alphabets of the time, writing styles including caligraphy



Moms working with Pre-K--4th: Let me know if we need to make any alterations.



I wanted to pass this through you first in case you had any thoughts to add. Would you please forward this to the group? Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment